Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Silence is golden

Starting with a quote is a bit of an unusual step for me, but it is relevant I assure you. As those who know me may be aware, I am a fairly quiet person. Sometimes I don't actually even speak to people. Most of the time this is because I believe that if you don't have anything worth saying then you shouldn't bother saying anything. Other times, I don't say anything as I feel uncomfortable around people that I don't know (unless I happen to be really drunk, which is how I have met many of my friends). I am starting to feel that being quiet is giving me an undeserved reputation of being a miserable git. Not something that I want to be known as, but when I am uncomfortable I can do nothing about it. I have got over many of my confidence issues in recent years, but still I don't like strangers. Unless they have sweets.... so much for the childhood warnings.
The more observant of you may have noticed a few new links. One for my kung fu school and for all you karate kai people. I know followers of Japanese styles are dismissive of Chinese styles (and vica versa), but I thought I would try to help you guys out by finding you a real fighting style. Take a look at the official ninja web page.

Facts:

1. Ninjas are mammals.
2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

I personally like the hate mail section for the people who can't accept the truth about ninjas. Ninjas are sweet!



"He wrapped himself in quotations - as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors"
- Rudyard Kipling

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home