Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Return of the can

Yes! He is back --->
Good stuff.
Well, I really can't be arsed with a long post today as my noggin is killing me. Hopefully the ibuprofene (and coffee) that I am taking as I type will help.
Not much happening here at the moment. Doing a bit of work (shock horror).
In the big city yesterday seeing the boss and going a bit of mind will boxing. I learnt the last form of one of the lineages called twelve red hammers. It is interesting and has a hell of a lot of horse in it. Bit like cat food.
After a quick search for martial arts quotes, I have discovered the worlds greatest martial artist - Morihei Ueshiba (http://www-cse.ucsd.edu/users/paloma/Aikido/artpeace.html).
Now, don't get me wrong, Aikido is ok. However, like all good Japanese martial arts, it is watered down chinese martial arts (Actually, I believe aikido is supposed to be derived from Bagua). Anyway, the greatest martial artist in the world. I am sure I know some people who would wipe the floor with him.
Back to serious matters and quotes...

"To hear is to forget, to see is to remember, to do is to understand."
- Chinese proverb
"It's not just self defense, it's about...self control, body discipline, and mind discipline...and breath techniques. It involves yoga. It involves meditation. It's an art, not a sport."
- Elvis Presley

1 Comments:

Blogger Erik Mann said...

another great blog from you guys. i'd point you to mine but it isn't yet the way I'd like it. i do have a website that I think is cool, kind of almost about different martial art style

11:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home