Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Plastic Fantastic

Once again, I am feeling slightly better. Painkillers are a wonderful thing and the man (or even woman) who invented flu capsules should have thier own level of heaven. If you believe in that sort of thing.
A minor aside;
Did you know that Margaret (the iron lady) Thatcher helped to invent Mr. Whippy ice cream? The woman was a genius. Genius.
I have just spent the last hour or two wathing plastic surgery on channel 5. Some of the things are impressive. Others are pretty pointless. However, the thing that impressed me the most was that people are actually more than willing to text in photos (Can you text a photo?) of thier own malformed and often very private bodily parts. Different strokes to rule the world.
Anyway, as I am feeling slightly better today, I have been doing some training. It always amazing me how tiring standing still, in the right way, can be. Even better is that sitting down and breathing should make you sweat. If not, you are doing it wrong. Genius.
Here is a picture of me feeling slightly better...
me

And while I had the camera out, here is a picture of the cat:
thecatliveson

Good stuff.
And now for something completely different. Or maybe just a quote.
Loosely relating to cosmetic surgery (well beauty as my google for cosmetic surgery quotes came up with, erm, lots of quotes for cosmetic surgery. I should have seen that one coming...):

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. ~Confucius

I hope you have lost your good looks, for while they last any fool can adore you, and the adoration of fools is bad for the soul. No, give me a ruined complexion and a lost figure and sixteen chins on a farmyard of Crow's feet and an obvious wig. Then you shall see me coming out strong. ~George Bernard Shaw, to Mrs. Patrick Campbell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home