Friday, October 15, 2004

Sleepaholic

Sleep is a funny thing. My name is Simon, and I am an addict. Now you may think that I am just being silly, and that everyone needs sleep and is, therefore, an addict. Not so. Well, maybe so. I feel my case is worse though. Regardless of what time I go to sleep, I can not get up before 2pm. It is impossible, unless I have an appointment which I can not break or miss. The brain is a funny thing. I am talking about sleep due to the fact that I have just been woken up by someone ringing my (incredibly loud) door bell. Bastards. Not wanting to appear that I was still asleep at 1pm, I got up, changed, turned my alarms off (which had been on snooze since 10am) and turned on my TV (to imply that I had been awake all this time, oh yes) in less than 30 seconds before rushing to answer the door. It was the builder who had come to sort out my mould problem at last. He assures me that the topological cream is very effective. Only joking.
Anyway, my point is that it is funny how, when someone else is involved, I can be awake on compus mentus(?) in less than a minute. On my own, it would take hours. As I said the brain is a funny thing.
Things I achieved yesterday:
Getting my diablo 2 character to lvl 63 (which is a good thing).
Doing 2 hours of kung fu in my flat with no one motivating me.
Managed to watch a whole hour of the nutty professor 2 before my brain gave in.
Filled a table full of random numbers. I am fairly sure that I put them aal in the right place too.
Got more good news about jobs (this time in warrington).

Not bad for a day.
I have just noticed the spell checker and decided to give it a whirl as I type far quicker than I actually can. Interesting to note that it recognises the word bastards, but not snooze. It is a funny old world.
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

1 Comments:

Blogger devilz said...

I have the exact problem. It's ruining my social life and my academics (I am in grad school). Did you finally solve it?

9:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home