Saturday, October 23, 2004

Pedantic

Reading the packet of drum sitting on my desk, I can't help but be pedantic.
"stopping smoking reduces the risk of fatal heart and lung disease"
I know what this means, but I feel that it is not totally clear.
Stopping (for how long? Stopping who?) smoking (what?) reduces (by how much?) the risk (great game) of fatal (what about non fatal?) heart and lung disease.
To be fair, if they were more accurate, the warning would not fit on the packet. They should just stick to my favourite of "smokers die younger" and keep showing that advert with the fatty deposits in some blokes artery. Much more straight forward. And much more likely to put me off the whole idea. Almost as off putting as smoking drum itself.
Current time - 6:50am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home